Monday 17 August 2009

Natural Foundations & Tinted Moisturisers

Since I break out from almost every foundation especially ones that contain high amounts of silicone ingredients, I decided to try the all-natural route to see if either of these work for me. I've given brief reviews of the ones I have tried. :)

Suki Color Tinted Active Moisturiser SPF15

OK, so this is a liquid cream mineral tinted moisturiser/foundation. I generally find mineral foundations very drying for my skin, I find they are generally suited for more oilier skin types as they are more oil-absorbing. This one is 100% natural, cruelty free and has some really wonderful ingredients in it. I bought the shade Natural and this is for Medium skintones. I found the shade more neutral than yellow/pink but it was slightly dark even for me (I'm around a MAC NC35 for reference) but somehow it blended in and didn't look strange. It smells like lavender and feels really soothing on the skin, I found the coverage light and natural. I loved that it was very hydrating and had a slightly dewy finish. My skin just looked healthy and natural which I loved. I like that it comes in a pump bottle too as its hygienic and easy to dispense the product. My only gripe is that it only comes in two shades - Natural & Bronze and that it doesn't last longer than about 4 hours on my skin. I would recommend this for normal-dry skins & also sensitive skins. My rating 8/10. RRP for 35ml £24.99, available at http://www.naturisimo.com

Nvey Eco Organic Creme Deluxe Foundation

I tried a sample of this from Naturisimo and intially loved it. The texture is like a cream foundation and would need to be applied with a foundation brush or sponge. It doesn't have any scent to it and is not overly creamy. I would say it is kind of a hardish cream foundation that you need to warm up a bit with your brush or fingers before applying, once applied it covers well and looks pretty natural. Nvey Eco says this is a full coverage foundation but I feel its versatile and can be sheer if applied with a damp sponge and is buildable. The shade I used was number 870 which had a good amount of yellow tones but was a bit light for me. I would recommend this more for normal/combination skin types as its not very moisturising for those on the drier side. I personally don't see it as a must have but it can be worth trying if you're on the market for a 100% natural cream foundation. My rating 6/10. It retails for £27.36 for 15ml at http://www.naturisimo.com and £30 at http://www.lovelula.com

Madara Sun Flower Tinted Moisture Fluid

This is the cheapest of all three I've talked about but my least favourite. The lighter Moon Flower version of this won awards on Lovelula.com but this shade - which is more suited to olive/medium tones is not that amazing in my opinion. This is a very lightweight tinted moisturiser and isn't very moisturising, it has a barely there type coverage and is actually quite shimmery. I tend to like bases with light reflecting particles but this had too much for daytime and ended up highlighting my flaws. I'm not sure if the Moon Flower one (for fair/light skintones) is better since its had some good reviews. I'd recommend getting a sample first before trying. My rating: 4/10 RRP £21.50 for 50ml at http://www.naturisimo.com

Overall, my experience with these natural bases has been enlightening in that even though they have some ingredients and are free from irritants, I think they are quite expensive for the fact that they do not perform exceptionally. They are a great choice for those that are on the look out for products that are vegan, 100% natural and cruelty free but there are other cruelty free products that perform better even though they may not be 100% natural.

0 comments:

Post a Comment