Friday 21 August 2009

Need or Want?

For a while now I've been struggling to figure out how I got into this whole "flawless face" obsession. I never used to wear any kind of face base till last year when I had my daughter. Hormones caused havoc in my skin and I had unsightly blemishes/scars left behind and was unsure what to do.

I tried countless number of tinted moisturisers and foundations over this past year only to find they messed up my skin more by either drying it out or causing breakouts, not only that, I've wasted a lot of money in search for something that works for me. Today I was thinking how I got into this obsession of trying to make my skin as flawless as possible? What happened to being happy in my own skin or just using whatever 'did the job'?

I don't know but I'm happy to have realised that this has got to stop! Foundation for me, is just making my skin worse over time and I'm going to wear it occasionally now and if I need anything on my face then I'll just a bit of concealer where needed and set lightly.

I am DONE! I think, for the most part, we magnify our flaws 10x more than they are and really, we do look great without all that slap!

0 comments:

Post a Comment