Sunday 16 August 2009

REVIEW: REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask


Over time, I've tried various masks that promised different things 'a brighter complexion' 'glowing complexion' 'even complexion' etc. etc. I hardly found any that lived up to those claims..until now!

REN is quickly becoming a favourite line to me and its not hard to see why. Made without any chemicals and harmful toxins, this is a line that true to its word. Everything I have tried has lived up to my expecations - ones that are not fulfilled easily.


REN describes this mask as: "A potent bio active peel mask designed to renew the complexion, reduce fine lines and dramatically improve skin tone, firmness and radiance. It has been formulated with a fruit acid complex (lactic, glycolic, tartaric and citric) and papain enzyme to give a gentle but potent exfoliating peel that will leave skin glowing and in optimum health. This mask is particularly recommended for congested and mature skin, and works well on post acne scarring, blemishes and blackheads plus sun damaged skin. It is not suitable for sensitive skin types."

Now, I can't say that I have tried all the peel masks there are but I have tried a few and this one beats them all.

What I was looking for:

A mask that exfoliates gently and actually gets rid of the blackheads on my nose and the dry patches I have across different areas of my face and leaves me face looking fresh and healthy and reduces the marks I have from pimples together with evening out my complexion.

What this mask does:

I left this on for 10 minutes as directed and intially felt a slight tingling sensation that went away after a few seconds. I found the texture to be like a gel-cream and it slightly tacky to the touch but not sticky. It smells like oranges to me. After washing my face, I looked in the mirror and I was astounded to find that all my blackheads were gone, my whole face looked fresh, radiant and just very clean.

What I think:

I absolutely love this mask, it is one that I will keep buying because it actually works! When used weekly, this will reduce scarring and marks on the face because it is gently taking off dead skin cells and as a result the skins surface will look brighter and more even with time. I have never found any exfoliater that has taken off all my blackheads in 10 minutes so this is a keeper. I highly recommend this to anyone that is looking for a more rejuvenated complexion and has areas on their skin that they would like to see more even and decongested. I use this once a week followed up with REN's Detox Mineral Mask the next day if my skin is going through a rough time.
For me, this using this mask is no different than having a facial in a salon except with the convenience of doing it in your own home and getting quite a few facials for the price of one. My rating: 9/10

Price and where to buy from:

This retails for £27.50 for 50ml bottle. Can be purchased at: http://www.renskincare.com / http://
www.beautyexpert.co.uk



0 comments:

Post a Comment