Tuesday 18 August 2009

REVIEW: Korres Lightweight Watermelon Tinted Moisturiser SPF30

I generally go for tinted moisturisers because they (supposedly) offer hydration with light coverage and usually look more natural than foundation. I've used various products by Korres and having tried their Wild Rose foundation and Ginger & Vitamins foundation, I decided to try this one aswell.


Now onto the positive things; I love that it has a high SPF, it's great not to have to wear extra layers when your base has extra 'features'. Secondly, I like that it has a bit more coverage than most tinted moisturisers (I'm looking at you Stila!) and I also like that it has a dewy finish and lasts all day. Also, a huge plus is that it does not contain silicone like the other two bases by Korres so great for those of us with sensitive skin!

However, it is not without its cons! My main issue with this TM is that it does not blend well, you sometimes feel as though you are tugging your skin and I hate that. I have resolved that by mixing in a tiny drop of the Korres Wild Rose Serum, this makes it a lot more blendable and also sheers it out a little. My other issue with this is the shade I'm using, I've got it in Dark Tan 03 which is the darkest one in the range. The problem is that Medium Honey 02 has got a good amount of yellow but this shade is right in terms of darkness but wrong in terms of tone, it is slightly pink/orange. I don't know why cosmetic companies tend to make darker shades more orange, shouldn't they still be the same tone but the depth should be lighter/darker?? Strange.

Despite the cons, it is a good tinted moisturiser, it does the job I want it to but I get nervous about the fact that it contains talc and therefore will cause dryness over time. I would recommend this more for normal/combination skinned people as it may dry out those with dry skins.

I would give this a rating of 7/10, it retails for £17.50 for 30ml from http://www.beautyexpert.co.uk

0 comments:

Post a Comment